Warehouses mostly have inventory and equipment that’s expensive and thus susceptible to theft and burglary. This is why warehouse security guards are vital.
If you own a warehouse you’re doing a lot of work—managing employees, meeting vendors, taking important decisions, and transporting the inventory.
A warehouse is an open invitation to theft if all these activities are done without any security. Anyone can enter your premises and harm your inventory and employees in any way.
That’s why you need a flawless security system at your warehouse. So that you can do your work peacefully while you know professionals are securing your warehouse 24/7.
Still not sure? Let’s look into why and when you need security at your warehouse. You’ll also come to know where to hire professional and highly-experienced commercial security guards for your warehouse.
Why is Warehouse Security So Important?
Whether you have a really successful business or you’re just starting, it’s vital to have security officers in your warehouse that prevents vandalism and theft.
As a business owner, you should make sure your warehouse and your employees are safe from criminals and natural hazards.
- Crime prevention is a challenge that should be addressed as soon as you establish your warehouse. And you have to update your security with time to meet your company’s needs. Apart from security alarms and other modern security systems, uniformed guards play a vital role to prevent criminals from getting into your premises.
- You have to provide a sense of security to everyone working and visiting your business such as vendors. If you have a vigilant security guard at the entrance, everyone will have peace of mind.
- You come across various unanticipated situations daily. Some of these situations include fire outbreaks, unanticipated security risks, protests, etc. It’s great to have a security team on board to resolve all these situations without disturbing your work.
- As the first line of defense, security guards provide prevention against crime and handle unexpected scenarios in a proficient way. This keeps your business environment professional and uninterrupted.
To tackle all these problems, you need professional security guards who will take the necessary steps to keep your warehouse safe at all times.
Your employees work hard day and night in the warehouse. They are vulnerable to theft and criminal activities. This is why they should be protected by hiring professionals.
Security guards make sure the warehouse is safe. This sense of security helps employees to do their best. Otherwise, they will always be worried about their safety.
So hire experienced security guards for the safety of your employees at the warehouse. Let them work with peace of mind as this will help your warehouse to grow immensely.
Protection against theft
Of Course, security guards will protect your warehouse from theft. But they’ll also keep an eye on employees to prevent internal theft.
Employees who aren’t honest can take advantage of flawed security systems. This is when you need security guards who will ensure safety for employees and keep a check for employee theft as well.
The best way is to hire a couple of trained security guards who can monitor the CCTV all the time. This helps to secure a large area without giving an impression to the employees that there is always someone on their shoulders.
Security guards are the first people the guests encounter. Friendly communication and proper guidance make them your warehouse’s ambassadors.
The security guards not only protect your place but also give a good impression to the visitors as they know that the area is well-protected.
Also, security guards can escort guests and new employees to the right place within the warehouse.
And this is why you should hire security guards who are not only trained to secure your place but also have great communication skills.
Enhanced Site Security
Even if you have a modern security system installed, it is still important that you hire security guards to scrutinize the warehouse continuously. Also, security guards keep a check on alarms and CCTVs to respond quickly in case of any security risk. The warehouse security guards are capable of safeguarding your commercial site from any security hazard.
Customized Security for maximum protection
Every commercial sector needs different types of security based on many factors like demographics, industry, nature of work, etc. Count on an experienced security guards team for armed/unarmed security guards, patrol services for continuous surveillance, and fire watch services to avoid accidents. You can opt for security services suited for your warehouse.
24/7 Efficient emergency response time
Security hazards can happen at any time. That’s why you need commercial security guards who are alert all the time and ready for a quick response to suspicious activities and safety/fire hazards. The prompt response includes prevention of crimes/accidents, safe evacuation of employees and guests, and informing relevant departments.
The security guards protect vendors, and your inventory, and make sure the goods are transported safely.
Duties and Responsibilities of Security Guard in Warehouse
- Enforce rules and your company’s security policy for the safety of all individuals
- Promptly respond to security emergencies
- Keep an eye on all the activities, maintain a log for suspicious activities, ensure that warehouse security measures are in place, and report to the authorities when needed
- Maintain logs for visitors and vendors, noting down their ID card numbers, entry time, and exit time
- Protect the interior and exterior of the warehouse through patrolling
- Perform foot and vehicle patrol whenever needed
- Maintaining the security of the parking lot and ensuring a seamless flow of traffic
- Ensuring everyone is taking safety measures
- Monitor the building’s security alarm, fire alarm, and CCTVs to make sure they are working properly.
- Monitor surveillance systems and another security system to make sure everything is working properly and ready for unanticipated scenarios
- Excellent communication skills to talk with people in a courteous yet firm way
- Protect property and your assets in every possible way
How Can You Improve Your Warehouse’s Security?
If you are looking to improve the security of your warehouse, there are a few things you can do. First, consider hiring a professional security company for warehouse security services. They will be able to provide you with the manpower and resources you need to keep your property safe. You should also make sure that they devise a custom warehouse security plan and ensure that all entry points are well-lit and secure. Finally, consider installing a surveillance system to fully secure the site.
You need the following security services to provide a safe environment to the employees and avoid theft:
A security guard at access points
The security guards at the entrance and exit verify the information of employees, visitors, and vendors. The security guard at the warehouse monitors people who are coming and going, verifies identification, and looks for any suspicious activity or packages.
Surveillance cameras throughout the warehouse
Installing surveillance cameras can help deter crime and provide evidence if a crime does occur. It also helps to keep an eye on happenings in the area at all times.
At least two security cameras at each entrance and
This will help to ensure that no one can enter or leave the warehouse without being seen.
Emergency alarm system
In case of a fire or other emergency, an alarm will sound and security personnel will be alerted to assist employees.
A fire suppression system
This system should operate well at all times. You can hire a fire watch to maintain this system and respond quickly in case of fire outbreaks.
Lastly, you should also have a plan in place in case of an emergency. This should include evacuation procedures and a list of emergency contacts. By taking these steps, you can help ensure that your warehouse is safe and secure.
Hire Warehouse Security Guards in California
Want security guards for your warehouse who know their job well? Prosecurity Guard Company has trained and licensed a security guards team to tackle all your security needs.
We provide a full range of commercial security guard services across California. With years of experience and unmatched professionalism in warehouse security measures, our security guards are here to:
- Maintain order at your workplace by dealing with anticipated scenarios in a professional way
- Safeguard your assets and employees by keeping a check at the entrance and exit points
- Foot and vehicle patrol your area to make sure there is no security risk
- Record suspicious activity in a log and report the incidents to the authorities
- Take prompt action to prevent vandalism and other crimes with the use of weapons or without weapons
- Manage unrest amongst the workers and prevent accidents during protests
Hiring a licensed, well-trained security guard team with the experience to tackle different situations in the commercial sector, will safeguard your assets, make your workplace safe for everyone, and grow your business without any security risks.
It’s time to stop taking risks and take professional security guard services onboard for flawless security and absolute peace of mind.
Read about apartment building security and why you need one.